Technical Support Articles
Did you know...
We have been in business since 1974
Bruel & Kjaer 2144
Real-time Frequency Analyzers Types 2143 and 2144, 2148/7667 are portable analyzers for acoustics,
electroacoustics and vibration measurements in the field and in the laboratory. Type 2143 offers dual-channel autospectra
while Types 2144 and 2148/7667 also offer sound intensity and cross spectrum analysis. The analyzers feature real-time
digital filtering across a wide frequency range. Real-time operation is important for the analysis of non-stationary signals
such as decays and impulsive events. The analyzers are operated by means of menus, and a system of on-screen help pages
enables the full potential of the analyzers to be used in the field. The large internal non-volatile memory and back-up disk
storage facilities make the analyzers useful data-gathering devices with further control and data-processing possibilities via
their IEEE –488 and RS–232 interfaces.
- Sound intensity measurements to IEC1043
- Constant-percentage bandwidth frequency analysis of sound and vibration signals in real-time
- Noise source location and source ranking of complicated structures (2144, 2148/7667)
- Environmental noise measurements. Includes Taktmaximal
- Building acoustics testing: sound transmission, absorption, reverberation time
- Automotive acoustic and vibration testing
- In situ sound power measurements (2144, 2148/ 7667)
- IEC651/804 Type 1 accuracy (with suitable microphone)
- Weight with batteries <10 kg (< 22lbs)
- Battery life-time > 4 hrs continuous use
- Inputs: microphone (preamplifier), sound intensity probe (2144, 2148/7667), accelerometer (charge) and direct
- Real-time frequency analysis up to 22.4 kHz (single channel), 11.2 kHz (dual channel)
- 80 dB dynamic range, autocalibration
- Fractional-octave digital filters
- Storage rate: 1000 spectra/second (single channel), 500 spectra/second (dual channel)
- Large internal non-volatile memory
- PC/MS–DOS compatible 3 1 /22 disk-drive for back-up storage of spectra and set-ups
- IEEE–488 and RS–232 interfaces
- Zwicker Loudness and FFT application programs available
Call or E-mail for rental information.
Call or E-mail for purchase information.